I am the family support worker at school. It’s a new role and is very much still in development, but since September 2015 pieces of work have included:
- Helping with transition from children to adult services, for example arranging for and accompanying parents to visit different projects within the Percy Hedley Foundation
- Liaising between services, for example school, home and residence, to help share information to benefit the young person such as likes or dislikes, communication preferences, any significant changes or updates
- ‘Signposting’ towards other people and organisations about adaptive aids for the home
- Help filling in PIP forms
- Finding out information from home to help our work in school, for example how parents manage a mealtime or a specific behaviour can help us re adjust our strategies in school to help support the young person
- Being an impartial person for parents to talk to if they feel they have an issue that cannot be resolved by the class team
- Finding out from parents how they feel about school if they are happy with how their child is progressing at Northern Counties School and if there are any problems I could help with
- Sleep routines
- Supporting parents looking for other service provision
- Issues at home or school
Please feel free to contact me at school if there is anything you would like to discuss: 0191 281 5821 and ask for Jane Pollinger or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE HERE?
If you would like to see other information, have any ideas on what you would like to be included on this page or any other queries please email me and I will try to include it. We want this page to be useful so need your help to do this!